The Importance of Magnesium
Magnesium is a crucial mineral to the overall body’s functionality, such as balanced blood pressure, strong bones and a stable heart rhythm. What most do not realize, is that many are actually deficient in Magnesium.
Many farms nowadays have depleted soil, which means that plants are lower in magnesium. This also includes animals that are grass-fed.
Not sure if you’re deficient in magnesium? Here are some possible clues:
- Sugar addict.
- Take calcium.
- Consume soda and other sugary drinks.
- Diagnosed with celiac disease or other digestive disorders.
- Eat a lot of processed food.
- Type 2 diabetic.
- Do not eat your veggies.
- Take prescription medications.
Symptoms of magnesium deficiency:
- Calcified arteries
- Muscle cramps or spasms
- High blood pressure
- Imbalanced hormones
- Drastic pregnancy problems
- Low energy
- Brittle bones
- Other mineral deficiencies
Ways to consume more magnesium:
- Dark chocolate
- Nuts & seeds; pumpkin seeds and almonds
- Leafy greens; spinach and chard
- Topical magnesium creams
- Liquid magnesium
- Magnesium supplements